Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

Quick and healthy lunch

Given my pancake making addiction, I question why I have never thought of making my own savoury crepes/wraps?! Better late than never I suppose! These are so easy to make and will definitely be my new quick slap up lunch perfect for a day in the library. To make up for the fact that I've been a little slow on posting recipes recently, you have two more recipes coming up soon! A healthy Nutella inspired cookie and a simple cinnamon cookie, if there are any specific requests, please do email them to me :)


SIMPLE SAVOURY CREPE
Per crepe (approximately depending on your pan size)
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 2 tbsp water
  • Salt and pepper (chilli/ paprika for a spicy kick)
  • Half an egg
  1. Mix everything together with a fork until smooth and well combined.
  2. On a well greased and hot frying pan, pour and spread the batter to form a large and thin pancake.( It is really important to make this as thin as possible).
  3. Once the sides start 'lifting' away from the pan, flip the pancake and do so for a couple of minutes until it turns golden brown in colour.
  4. Fill with anything you desire. I sautéed some garlic, sundried tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms and added some light cream cheese to the wrap! Delicious!
I've been pushing myself much more with regards to exercise recently, mainly doing HIIT workouts and using heavy weights on most days, definitely feeling stronger and fitter:)!
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment