Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Anzac biscuits

Wow! Last post of 2013! This year has gone by so quickly, but has definitely been the best so far! University life has just been amazing this year, and it really saddens me that I only have 1 more term left as a student!

Throughout this year, I managed to have a great summer internship in Mauritius, meet lots of new people, win an iPad, make great memories with my family & friends, help '4lunch' with market stalls and by helping with cooking lessons, be an Econometrics PASS leader and most important of all, start this blog. Whether I decide to opt for a career linked to food at some point in my life or not, this blog has given me a great way to convey my passion and love for food and it feels great to be able to share that with so many people!


I believe that one of the main reasons making 2013 such a great year is the fact that I have been open and willing to take on any opportunities that have come my way, always having a positive attitude along the way. The power of the mind is such a powerful thing, and I do believe that as long as you think positive, only good things will happen to you!


On that note, I want to wish everyone a great new year no matter where or how you are celebrating! Make the most of every moment, think positive and always have fun, life is short! 

Now on to this quick and easy recipe. These Anzac biscuits are extremely tasty little treats with minimal amounts of sweetener or fat, the perfect substitute to those calorific cookies and cakes.

ANZAC BISCUITS
  • 100 g oats
  • 40 g almond
  • 40 g coconut
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil, butter or light olive oil
  • 1 heaped tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp water
  • Good pinch of cinnamon
1.Pulse all the dry ingredients together (not too fine).
2. Pulse in the water, honey and fat until it all just about comes together.
3. Form little ball of dough and flatten them down on a baking tray.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Once cool, you could drizzle with some dark melted chocolate. 


Yum yum, try not to finish all of these in one go!
Also, why not fit in a last workout in 2013! Don't postpone getting fit to 2014, there is no better time to start than now!
I had a go at this workout yesterday along with some weights and it gets you dripping in no time!
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment