Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Instant soft serve ice cream!

Ok so I've just made this and thought that it deserved to be written down in a post ASAP, especially given how hot it currently is in Mauritius (very jealous, it was hailing here in Manchester yesterday!). I've seen recipes for this easy ice cream so many times but have never really bothered making it, firstly because I'm not a big ice cream fan and secondly because the thought of puréed frozen bananas did not sound very appealing! However, I got home from a great circuit session at the gym this evening, craving something cold, sweet and indulgent and thought of giving this a go since I always have a big bag of frozen bananas in my freezer! Very surprised at how creamy and yummy this turned out! Adding cocoa powder definitely covered up the banana flavour, so I would recommended using any type of flavouring, next time I'm going to try vanilla, coconut milk and pineapple! You could also add in some honey for sweetness but I find that the bananas are sweet enough as is.

QUICK CHOCOLATE SOFT SERVE ICE-CREAM
Serves 1 
  • 1.5- 2 frozen chopped bananas (always worth having in your freezer, great for smoothies too)
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3 tbsp skimmed milk
1. Blend it all together, I used a hand held blender, which requires some time and strength but it would be much easier with a proper blender/processor.
2. Once it is smooth and well combined, spoon into a bowl and top with whatever you desire! I went for fresh mango and coconut, you could also mix in some cocoa nibs, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, raisins etc...


I'll be posting my peanut butter granola bar recipe up soon:) 
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment